Suffer from Dental Anxiety? We Can Help
If you want to receive dental treatment without stress or worry, you may benefit from our gentle sedation dentistry. We offer several forms of sedation, so you can receive the treatment you need to protect your smile.
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
We understand that your dental anxiety may be a huge burden, and we want you to know that this condition is not your fault. However, we can help you take control of your anxiety with our various sedation options. We will help you choose the right method for you, depending on your level of apprehension, the procedure you are about to undergo, and other health considerations. Your options include:
- Oral conscious sedation: Anti-anxiety medications can help you relax in the chair. Dr. Dooley can prescribe varying doses, depending on your need. A smaller dose may help you relax or make you slightly sleepy. With a larger dose, you will feel extremely drowsy, and you may remember little of your treatment when the medication wears off.
- IV sedation: Intravenous medications can put you in a “twilight sleep.” You will not really be aware of your treatment, and you will not typically remember anything about your office visit. Dr. Dooley can monitor the amount of medication you receive, and he can adjust the levels during treatment, if needed.
- Nitrous oxide: More commonly called “laughing gas,” this medication will cause you to feel deeply relaxed and even euphoric. It will wear off very quickly, so you can usually drive yourself home from your dental visit.
The Importance of Sedation Dentistry
Like many dental phobic patients, you may have put off your dental care for years. This delay can greatly increase your risk for decay, gum disease, and many other conditions. Sedation dentistry can alleviate your fears, allowing you to undergo needed treatment. In addition to preventive and restorative dental care, you may also be ready for cosmetic treatment to enhance the look of your smile.
Are You a Candidate?
If you suffer from dental anxiety or dental phobia, you are likely a great candidate for sedation dentistry. The symptoms of dental anxiety and phobia include:
- Feelings of nervousness or even dread at the thought of visiting the dentist
- Insomnia the night before a dental visit
- Increased heart rate, sweating palms, or nausea as you approach your appointment
- Difficulty breathing in the dentist’s chair
Find Out if Sedation Is Right for You
Ask Dr. Dooley if dental sedation is a good option for you. To schedule a consultation, call Scott Dooley Dentistry in Garland, TX, today at 972-495-8100. We also proudly serve the residents of Dallas, Richardson, Wylie, Sachse, and all surrounding communities.