Dictum meum pactum is the motto of the London Stock Exchange and it means “my word is my bond.” Today we talk about bonding…but we are talking about dental bonding. The saying “my word is my bond” means that what you say can be taken as a promise. You will follow through on it, no need for a signed document, etc. We can make promises…we can promise that bonding is affordable. We can promise that bonding is painless, and we can promise that bonding is quick and easy. But we don’t have to promise, because you can see by taking the quiz below that dental bonding is all those things and more.
True or False?
- True or False: Cosmetic bonding is a painless procedure.
- True or False: Cosmetic bonding can be performed in one visit.
- True or False: Composite bonding is only used to lighten your tooth color.
- True or False: A plastic resin material is used for dental bonding.
- True or False: Dental bonding can be completed in three steps.
- True: Cosmetic bonding requires no anesthesia, no needles, and very little preparation because it is a painless procedure.
- True: Because it is a non-invasive procedure that requires little preparation, one or two teeth can be bonded in about an hour. However, more teeth may take a second visit to complete.
- False: Cosmetic bonding can be used to repair a variety of dental issues including lightening discolored teeth; filling pitted teeth, fixing chipped, cracked, or broken teeth; lengthening short or worn teeth; and building up molars to fix a bad bite.
- True: The material used to perform dental bonding is a white resin composite material in a putty-like form.
- True: First the tooth is lightly etched. Second, the composite is added and shaped to the tooth. Third, the composite is hardened with an ultraviolet light, permanently bonding it to the tooth.
ABOUT YOUR GARLAND, TX DENTIST:
Scott Dooley DDS and our friendly team at Scott Dooley Dentistry proudly serve patients of every age, offering general, cosmetic, restorative, emergency, laser, and sedation dentistry. We proudly serve patients from Garland, Richardson, Dallas, Wylie, Sachse, and surrounding communities. To speak with a friendly member of our team and to schedule an appointment, contact us today at 972.495.8100.